- Basmati Rice- 1 cup
- Green Peas- ½ cup
- Ginger-As per taste
- Garlic-As per taste
- Green Chilly-As per taste
- Onion-1/2 cup chopped
- Coconut grated=1 cup
- Ghee-To cook
- Salt-To taste
- Soak basmati rice in water after rinsing for 15 minutes.
- Grate coconut and grind it in mixer to extract coconut milk. For 1 cup of basmati rice we require 1 ½ cups of coconut milk.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chilly into fine paste.
- Saute the paste in ghee and fry the rice, onion and peas in it until the raw smell of paste goes.
- Add coconut milk and pressure cook the rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with any raitha or dry Manchurian.