This recipe was shared to me by my aunt. My aunt is an excellent cook and my uncle is an excellent critic.
- White Sooji-1 1/2 cups
- Rice flour-1 cups
- Maida-1/2 cup
- Curd-3 cups
- Salt-To taste
- Onion,curry leaves,coriander leaves-1 cup(Finely chopped)
- Cashew Nut-5
- Oil-To cook
- Mix sooji in curd and set in aside for 2 hours.
- Sooji would have doubled in its quantity.Now add salt,maida,rice flour and mix it well with water to reach a pouring batter.
- Set it aside for few mins and add all chopped ingredients along with cashew.
- Grease a tava and spread the batter evenly to make dosa.
The ratio of sooji:rice flour:maida is 3:2:1.
The ratio of sooji:curd is 1:2.
The curd should be slightly sour.
Addition of water has to be done carefully because the dosa will break while turning if excess water is added.
Coconut chutney will be a great combo to this.