The first dish I learnt from mom and this would occupy our menu in almost every family gathering.This was the first dish I cooked for my family post wedding. A very rich and tantalizing recipe of mom.
- Seeraga Samba rice-1 cup
- Coconut milk-1 and 1/2 cups
- Carrot-1/4 cup(Chopped)
- Potato-1/4 cup(Chopped)
- Green peas-1/4 cup
- Beans-1/2 cup
- Green chilly+Ginger+Garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-A pinch
- Salt-To taste
- Coriander leaves-To garnish
- Ghee-To cook
- Wash and soak the rice in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Add ghee to a kadai and saute the green chilly+garlic+ginger paste.
- Add the soaked rice after draining the water to this when the raw smell of the paste vanishes.
- Add the shallots,carrot,potato,beans one after the other and saute well.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook in pressure cooker with coconut milk for 3 whistles
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Instead of seeraga samba rice ,you can add basmati rice too.
Adjust the amount of green chilly to your taste.
Cut the vegetables as cubes to give a better look.
You can also add cauliflower,broccoli.
Serve it with any raitha or manchurian.