This is recipe which I learnt in recent days by trial and error method. I always have the habit of varying/including/excluding any of the ingredients from the original recipe and trying it out as per my wish. A very successful outcome of one such try is this. My dad and husband loved it .
- Idly Rice-1 cup
- Raw rice-2 tbsp
- Toor dhal-1/4 cup
- Moong dhal-1/4 cup
- Channa Dhal-1/4 cup
- Coconut grated-1/4 cup
- Red Chilly-3
- Onion-1/2 cup chopped
- Coriander leaves-1 tbsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves-2 tbsp finely chopped
- Hing-1/2 tbsp
- Ginger- A small piece
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Wash and soak the rice and dhals together for minimum of 5 hours.
- Grind rice,dhals,red chilly,grated coconut,ginger with hing into a coarse paste. The batter has to be thick.So add water accordingly.
- Add salt and set it aside for half an hour.
- Before making dosa,mix onion,coriander and curry leaves and mix the batter well.
- Grease a dosa pan with oil and spread the batter to make adai.
If you wish to have a lighter dosa type adai, add idly rice:raw rice in the ratio of 1:1 and grind the batter slightly in pouring form.(Slightly thicker than dosa batter).
You can also skip adding coconut if you wish have the batter for usage beyond 2 hours.
Coconut chutney is the best combination.
But garlic chutney would be good from health point of view.
Cook by closing one side with a lid and then turning it second side,if you make thick adai.