A very apt dish to have when you suffer from cold/cough/congestion. The dried ginger and pepper used in this will give a huge relief from your suffering instantly. And as it is home made it will definitely have no side effects.
- Tamarind Extract-1/2 cup
- Hing-A pinch
- Turmeric powder-A pinch
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
To dry roast and grind:
- Dry ginger(sukku)-A small piece
- Red chilly-1
- Toor dhal-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Dry roast all ingredients given under “To dry roast and grind”.
- Add little water and grind them into a fine paste.
- In a kadai,add oil and heat it.
- Temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and curry leaves.
- When tempering is done, saute shallots and garlic.
- When shallots turn soft add hing ,salt and turmeric powder.
- Let it boil.
- Add the paste ground and mix it well.
- Let it boil until shallots and garlic is cooked.
- Now add the tamarind extract and let it boil for five minutes.
- Serve it hot with rice.