I love shallots in any form. So this one of my favourite chutneys.
- Coconut-1 cup grated
- Green chilly-2
- Tamarind-A Small piece
- Salt-To taste
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds begin to crackle add urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Switch if off when curry leaves turn slightly crispy. Cool this.
- Add coconut,green chilly,shallots,tamarind and salt and grind it together.
- When it turns a bit coarse,blend it well and add water.
- Grind it into a smooth paste.
You can temper the same if you wish
You can add shallots after finely sauting those in oil if you dislike its raw smell.