This is yet another version of chutney with a slight variation. I prefer it little watery and it is my all time choice with steaming hot fluffy idlies.
- Coconut-1 cup grated
- Red chilly-2
- Tamarind-A Small piece
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To temper
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds begin to crackle add urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Switch if off when curry leaves turn slightly crispy. Cool this.
- Add coconut,garlic,red chilly ,tamarind and salt and grind it together.
- When it turns a bit coarse,blend it well and add water.
- Grind it into a smooth paste and add the tempered ingredients.