Coconut Chutney can be made with many variations and it is an excellent combination with soft idlis,crispy dosa,hot vada/bajji/bonda.I am giving you five versions of coconut chutney which I usually make following mom.
- Coconut-1 cup grated
- Green chilly-2
- Tamarind-A Small piece
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To temper
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds begin to crackle add urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Switch if off when curry leaves turn slightly crispy. Cool this.
- Add coconut,green chilly,tamarind and salt and grind it together.
- When it turns a bit coarse,blend it well and add water.
- Grind it into a smooth paste and add the tempered ingredients.