- Coriander leaves-1 cup(Cleaned)
- Tamarind-A small piece
- Coconut – 3 tbsp(grated)
- Red chilly-2
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Dry roast coconut and cool it.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry red chillies.
- Separate them out and saute the coriander until it turns soft.
- In a mixer jar add coriander leaves,urad dhal,coconut,tamarind,salt and red chillies after cooling.
- Add little water and grind it into a semi coarse paste.
- Add oil in a kadai and temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add the ground paste and saute until it becomes thick.
You can add this thuvaiyal to rice and mix with oil and have.
This is an ideal combination with curd rice,idly and dosa.