I always prefer cooking a dish without adding any ingredient that would alter the basic taste.For example, most recipes of coriander chutney has coconut/onion/tomato added to it.I prefer a recipe which gives you a wholesome taste of the main ingredient.
- Coriander leaves-1 cup(Cleaned)
- Tamarind-A small piece
- Black urad dhal-1/4 tbsp
- Red chilly-2
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry urad dhal and red chillies.
- Separate them out and saute the coriander until it turns soft.
- In a mixer jar add the above after cooling and grind it by adding tamarind and salt.
- Add little water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add tempering elements and serve it with hot idlies.
You can saute the chutney after grinding and store it as dry version to be used for 3 days maximum.
This is an ideal combination with curd rice.
This chutney improves your digestion.