Mint leaves- I cant describe how aromatic these are. I cant stop taking the flavour. A pinch of this leaves added to any dish will turn it too aromatic and flavoury.
- Mint leaves-1 cup(Cleaned)
- Tamarind-A small piece
- Red chilly-2
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry red chillies.
- Separate them out and saute the mint until it turns soft.
- In a mixer jar add the above after cooling and grind it by adding tamarind and salt.
- Add little water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add tempering elements and serve it with hot idlies.
You can saute the chutney after grinding and store it as dry version to be used for 3 days maximum.
This is an ideal combination with curd rice.
This chutney improves your digestion.
Mint leaves can be chewed as such to strengthen your tooth