This is one of the recipes from my mother in law. She is an interesting cook with 1000’s of recipes and variants. I am in love in with her cooking. You cant say no to any of her dishes,be it simple or super special. I eat little extra if she cooks.My husband introduced me this dish actually.
- Ragi Flour-1 cup.
- Shallots-1/2 cup (Finely chopped)
- Tomato-1/2 cup(finely chopped)
- Green Chilly-2(Finely chopped)
- Keerai/drumstick leaves-1/2 cup(Finely chopped)
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Add oil in a kadai and fry chopped shallots and green chilly/red chilly until it turns golden brown. Let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl add salt,ragi flour,chopped keerai and fried chilly+shallots.
- Add water little by little and mix the flour.
- The dough has to be kneaded smooth and soft like chappathi dough.
- The consistency should be perfect enough to be spread with hands .
- Take a plastic sheet/banana leaf ,grease with oil and spread the dough with your palm.
- Heat a dosa tava and cook this add by sprinkling oil and flipping both side
For babies omit the drumstick leaves.
This is a heavy dish . So prefer it for breakfast.
Add water carefully little by little.
To make consecutive adai’s grease a plastic sheet with oil and spread on it and then transfer to tava.
Cook it in slow flame by sprinkling oil on first side.