I just love fruits. I prefer consuming fruits as such than going for juices,milkshakes,smoothies. Even when it comes to my little son I prefer him munching fresh fruits as such. But giving custard apple was little tedious and I was having my fingers crossed while separating the pulp and seeds. Hence I just gave a try to make juice out of it. I tried few times and had seeds blended. My husband suggested to try with the circular/whip blade and I finally succeeded. I made it little diluted as it was for my son. It tastes good when it is pulpy. Hence I would suggest you to use 2 custard apples for a glass of juice.(Images show preparation with 1 fruit).In my baby foods collection I wouldn’t have added fruit juices and purees as I always prefer fruits as such or mashed to juices/purees. This is going to be my first juice recipe in my blog 🙂 Choose ripe and fleshy fruits.
- Custard apple-2
- Palm sugar-as per your taste.
- Water-1 cup
1.Wash and split the custard apples.
2.Check for the goodness of the fruits and scoop out the fruit.
3.Add to the blender and add 1/2 cup of water.
4.Give it a pulse.Take care not to crush the seeds.
5.Sieve it in a filter and wash with some excess water.
6.You can De-seed almost 90% with your fingers.
7.If remaining pulp exists give a run and filter.
8.Add palm sugar and mix well.
9.Transfer to a serving glass.
The colour depends on the variety of the fruit.
Adjust palm sugar as per your taste.
Be careful when you run the mixer.
Be sure of not crushing the seeds.
If you prefer this for your baby you can filter 2 more times after adding palm sugar.
The seeds shouldn’t be consumed. Hence please filter it with a fine filter.
Ensure to wash your hands well before juicing up.
Thanks to Raks kitchen for this tip. Using chilled water to blend helps deseeding better.
Custard apple is called seetha pazham in tamil and few facts about it as per my knowledge.
- It is rich in vitamin C,Vitamin A,Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
- It can aid you in gaining weight and improving immunity.
- It is sugary in nature and hence recommended much for type 1 diabetic patients.
- It has huge amount of anti-cancerous properties.
- It helps in curing ulcers and it enhances digestion.
- It assists in maintaining your heart’s health.
- It does a lot of favour to pregnant women by helping to cope mood swings,morning sickness and it is called wonder fruit for expectant mothers.
- The unripe fruit is dried and used in medicines to cure indigestion.
- Do not consume it in large quantities and never use the seeds.